This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.4027 / 50°24'9"N
Longitude: -4.6835 / 4°41'0"W
OS Eastings: 209393
OS Northings: 59309
OS Grid: SX093593
Mapcode National: GBR N4.S2S4
Mapcode Global: FRA 172Z.H6J
Entry Name: Range of Farm Buildings Including Barn and Horse Engine House North of Crewell Farmhouse
Listing Date: 28 August 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1144254
English Heritage Legacy ID: 70794
Location: Lostwithiel, Cornwall, PL22
Civil Parish: Lostwithiel
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: Lanlivery
Church of England Diocese: Truro
SX 05 NE
7/42 Range of farm buildings including
- barn and horse engine house north
of Crewell Farmhouse
Range of farm buildings, including barn and horse engine house. Probably late C18
and early C19, incorporating earlier materials including lintel dated 1678. Granite
rubble with granite dressings. Slate roofs, partly slurried, hipped ends.
Overall L-plan, with front range and engine house to rear right. Front range is of 3
phases, with a central one probably earliest, range to left probably circa 1800, with
range to right and engine house slightly later. Roof of C19.
Central 3-bay building, has tall central 3-centred arched doorway, blocked in granite
rubble, with 4-centred arched doorway to each side; at upper level to right and left
a tall loading door opening, both with flat granite lintels, partially blocked to
The building to left has long and short granite quoins at each end, built into the
slope of the ground at the left end. 2 doorways with granite lintels, one carved with
vestigial ogee and central roundel, dated 1678. 2 loading doors above.
Range to right has 2 doorways and 2 loading doors, all with flat stone arches, and
between these a tall opening with timber lintel, blocked, with window opening at
ground floor. The end 3 bays to right, slightly broken forward, have a central
blocked door with loading door over, narrow blocked opening right and left with
segmental head, blind loading door right and left with segmental heads.
The right side has 3 wide segmental-headed openings with keystones, all blocked with
doors and windows inserted, small single storey C20 addition to centre, door and
window with granite lintels to right. Above, 3 windows and one loading door with
granite lintels. The rear of this range is a polygonal engine house, with doorway at
rear end, with timber lintel and pentice roof. Inner side of engine house has a
single storey rubble lean-to. The rear of the central range has wide doorway at
upper level to right, built into the slope of the ground. Part of the rear wall end
Interior Not inspected.
Listing NGR: SX0939359309
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings