This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.1523 / 50°9'8"N
Longitude: -5.5607 / 5°33'38"W
OS Eastings: 145738
OS Northings: 34098
OS Grid: SW457340
Mapcode National: GBR DXN8.TYS
Mapcode Global: VH059.KFML
Entry Name: The Old Mill
Listing Date: 10 June 1954
Last Amended: 7 September 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1144387
English Heritage Legacy ID: 70518
Location: Madron, Cornwall, TR20
Civil Parish: Madron
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: Gulval
Church of England Diocese: Truro
SW 43 SE
7/172 The Old Mill (formerly listed as
10:06:54 Newmill Mill and 2 adjoining
Mill, millhouse and cottage. Possibly C17, remodelled in the C18 and extended in the
C19. Granite rubble with some dressed moorstone. Spanish slate roofs. Rendered
chimneys over the gable ends of the house and cottage range.
Plan: L-shaped mill, right, with 1 wheel (originally 2 wheels) left of the mill and
circa early C19 1-room cottage extension, far left (now all 1 house). Later lean-tos
at rear, left.
Exterior: 2 storeys. Overall 4-window south front. Millhouse has nearly symmetrical
2-window front with central doorway (now window) with first floor windows closer
grouped. Mill has doorway with monolith jambs and there is evidence for old
alterations. Small window left of doorway. Half-hipped end with wide doorway
projecting at front, far right. Cottage has regular 1 window front with doorway on
Interior of mill: no mill machinery; fireplace in front left-hand corner of mill with
flue fed into large millhouse chimney. Old roof structure.
Listing NGR: SW4573834098
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings