This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.3282 / 54°19'41"N
Longitude: -2.7393 / 2°44'21"W
OS Eastings: 352019
OS Northings: 492770
OS Grid: SD520927
Mapcode National: GBR 9L9D.R6
Mapcode Global: WH82W.WGRR
Entry Name: 5, Thorny Hills
Listing Date: 24 April 1951
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1145639
English Heritage Legacy ID: 75513
Location: Kendal, South Lakeland, Cumbria, LA9
District: South Lakeland
Civil Parish: Kendal
Built-Up Area: Kendal
Traditional County: Westmorland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cumbria
Church of England Parish: Kendal St George
Church of England Diocese: Carlisle
SD 5292 NW KENDAL THORNY HILLS
9/168 No 5
House, c1823, probably by Francis and George Webster. Hammer-dressed limestone
on plinth; 1st floor sill and 2nd floor lintel bands. Moulded cast-iron gutter
on dentils. Graduated slate roof; stone chimney to south end. 3 storeys, 2
bays. Part-glazed double doors and radiating fanlight in semicircular-headed
surround; tripartite sash in corniced, pilastered surround. 2 sashes to each
upper floor. All sashes with glazing bars.
Listing NGR: SD5201992770
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings