This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.3281 / 54°19'41"N
Longitude: -2.7463 / 2°44'46"W
OS Eastings: 351560
OS Northings: 492764
OS Grid: SD515927
Mapcode National: GBR 9L8D.77
Mapcode Global: WH82W.SGDT
Entry Name: Rear of No 19 Market Place and Nos. 3-23 Inclusive
Listing Date: 14 April 1969
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1145664
English Heritage Legacy ID: 75471
Location: Kendal, South Lakeland, Cumbria, LA9
District: South Lakeland
Civil Parish: Kendal
Built-Up Area: Kendal
Traditional County: Westmorland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cumbria
Church of England Parish: Kendal St George
Church of England Diocese: Carlisle
SD 5192 NE
Rear of no 19 Market
Place & nos 3 to 23
Shopping arcade on sloping site. 1803 for butchers. Later additions and
alterations. Wooden shop fronts separated by paired pilasters. Graduated slate
roof with eaves extended to form canopy; 5 stone chimneys. Single storey;
originally 12 shops, some now combined. Each has a panelled door (except for
nos 3 & 9, part-glazed) with window to one side (on left for nos 1-13 and on
right for nos 15-23); all windows plate-glass except for no 3 (subdivided with
moulded heads), no 11 (2 arcaded lights), and no 21 (arcaded 2-light sash).
No 1, now rear of no 19 Market Place, has panelled shutters in place.
Kicking-boards panelled (except for nos 9 & 11, plank); most fascias glazed.
Listing NGR: SD5156092764
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings