This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.3294 / 54°19'45"N
Longitude: -2.747 / 2°44'49"W
OS Eastings: 351518
OS Northings: 492902
OS Grid: SD515929
Mapcode National: GBR 9L8C.2T
Mapcode Global: WH82W.SF3W
Entry Name: No. 69 and Entrance to Yard 67
Listing Date: 14 April 1969
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1145675
English Heritage Legacy ID: 75496
Location: Kendal, South Lakeland, Cumbria, LA9
District: South Lakeland
Civil Parish: Kendal
Built-Up Area: Kendal
Traditional County: Westmorland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cumbria
Church of England Parish: Kendal St George
Church of England Diocese: Carlisle
SD 5192 NE KENDAL STRICKLANDGATE
8/150 No 69 and entrance to
House; converted for use as Brush Manufactory in 1838, now estate agent's
premises. C16 for Wilson family; Henry Wilson was nominated 1st Alderman of
Kendal in 1575. Modernised c1810 with sash windows introduced; later additions
and alterations. Coursed, squared rubble with quoins to north end; moulded
cast-iron gutter. Welsh slate roof; tapered, cylindrical, stone end chimneys.
3 storeys, 3 bays. Late C20 shop front with small window on right; Yard
entrance on extreme right with panelled door to north side in passage. 3 late
C20 sashes, under timber lintels, to each upper floor; earlier blocked openings
visible. Bristling hog trade sign to 1st floor over shop front is facsimile of
original (now in Museum of Lakeland Life & Industry).
Listing NGR: SD5151892902
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings