This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.3259 / 54°19'33"N
Longitude: -2.7474 / 2°44'50"W
OS Eastings: 351490
OS Northings: 492514
OS Grid: SD514925
Mapcode National: GBR 9L8F.01
Mapcode Global: WH82W.RJXK
Entry Name: No 69 (Including Nos 69a and 69b)
Listing Date: 14 April 1969
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1145708
English Heritage Legacy ID: 75379
Location: Kendal, South Lakeland, Cumbria, LA9
District: South Lakeland
Civil Parish: Kendal
Built-Up Area: Kendal
Traditional County: Westmorland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cumbria
Church of England Parish: Kendal Holy Trinity
Church of England Diocese: Carlisle
SD 5192 NW KENDAL HIGHGATE
7/36 No 69 (includes Nos
14-4-69 69A and 59B)
Bank, now shop and offices. 1792 for Maude, Wilson and Crewdson Bank. Incised
stucco with rusticated quoins; 1st floor sill band. Wooden (?) eaves cornice
with decorative rainwater head. Graduated slate roof with stone end chimneys.
3 storeys, 3 bays. Inserted late C19/early C20 shop front in earlier surround;
part-glazed door set back between plate-glass windows with curved corners and
traceried frieze. Passage through to rear on right.
Listing NGR: SD5149092514
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings