This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7521 / 51°45'7"N
Longitude: -1.256 / 1°15'21"W
OS Eastings: 451458
OS Northings: 206194
OS Grid: SP514061
Mapcode National: GBR 8Z4.19D
Mapcode Global: VHCXV.57W5
Entry Name: 123, High Street
Listing Date: 12 January 1954
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1145862
English Heritage Legacy ID: 245535
Location: Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX1
Electoral Ward/Division: Holywell
Built-Up Area: Oxford
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Oxford St Michael and St Martin and All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SP 5106 SW 8/340 12.1.54.
House and shop on North-West corner of Alfred Street. Of indeterminate date
but the front is probably an alteration of that built possibly late in C18.
3-storeyed stuccoed timber-framing with a moulded eaves cornice and a small
parapet. The South side is built in brick and appears modern. In the 1st
and 2nd floors is a 3-light modern sash window. Graded II in relation to
Nos 124 and 125 with which it has a continuous eaves cornice. History.
The site of the Bear Inn, formerly the Tabard, and was once one of the largest
Inns in Oxford. It was rebuilt in 1790 and sold in 1801, when it was divided
in half. Alterations 1964.
All the listed buildings on the South Side form a group.
Listing NGR: SP5145806194
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings