History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Carpenters

A Grade II Listed Building in Donhead St. Mary, Wiltshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.0209 / 51°1'15"N

Longitude: -2.1404 / 2°8'25"W

OS Eastings: 390248

OS Northings: 124626

OS Grid: ST902246

Mapcode National: GBR 1XC.ZLW

Mapcode Global: FRA 66DF.3XW

Entry Name: Carpenters

Listing Date: 6 July 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1146108

English Heritage Legacy ID: 320819

Location: Donhead St. Mary, Wiltshire, SP7

County: Wiltshire

Civil Parish: Donhead St. Mary

Built-Up Area: Donhead St Mary

Traditional County: Wiltshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire

Church of England Parish: Donhead St Mary the Virgin

Church of England Diocese: Salisbury

Find accommodation in
Shaftesbury

Listing Text

DONHEAD ST. MARY BRITMORE LANE
ST 92 SW (west side)

7/33 Carpenters

II

Public house, now detached cottage. C18. Dressed limestone,
tiled, thatched and Welsh slate roofs, brick stacks. L-plan with
rear ranges, gable end to road. Two-storey, 2-window north front
has planked door with beaded case in C20 porch, 2-light casement to
left and tophung 6-pane window to right, C20 casement in range to
right, first floor has two 2-light casements. Rear of main range
has planked door and casements, two dormers with C20 casements,
kitchen range has thatched roof and attached to rear of this is
lean-to range with Welsh slate roof, probably a rebuild of a 2-
storey wing. Left return has C19 two-light casements, Flemish bond
brick to kitchen range.
Interior has chamfered and reused beams. The kitchen range is
probably C19 infill between two earlier ranges, separated by a
yard. Ceased to be the Carpenters Arms in 1953.


Listing NGR: ST9024824626

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.