This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.0562 / 51°3'22"N
Longitude: -1.9931 / 1°59'35"W
OS Eastings: 400576
OS Northings: 128543
OS Grid: SU005285
Mapcode National: GBR 2YJ.LX4
Mapcode Global: FRA 66QB.7BF
Entry Name: Ings Farmhouse
Listing Date: 17 December 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1146130
English Heritage Legacy ID: 320770
Location: Fovant, Wiltshire, SP3
Civil Parish: Fovant
Built-Up Area: Fovant
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Fovant St George
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
SU 02 NW FOVANT HIGH STREET
4/184 Ings Farmhouse
Farmhouse, now detached house. 1699 on datestone over door.
Dressed limestone, tiled roof, formerly thatched, stone stacks.
L-plan. Two-storey, 2-window. Blocked central doorway with 3-
light recessed chamfered mullioned casement either side. First
floor has central blocked bull's eye with date 1699 in spandrels
and oval tablet with initials RPA below, 3-light recessed chamfered
mullioned casement either side. Three C20 rooflights to roof.
Left return has single attic casement, attached single-storey
addition with casements. Right return has single-light recessed
hollow-chamfered attic casement. Rear wing north side has C20
door and two hollow-chamfered casements; one C20, rear gable of
wing has 2-light casement to ground and first floors, single
hollow-chamfered casement to attic, south side of wing has C20
French windows and casements. Rear of main range has C20 French
windows within C20 conservatory, 2-light recessed chamfered
mullioned casement to first floor. Interior has chamfered beams
with stepped stops, open fireplace to south gable has chamfered
lintel on stone jambs, winding stairs in wing rise from ground
floor to attic, partly enclosed by moulded plank and muntin,
planked doors. Ceased to be a farmhouse in 1970s.
Listing NGR: SU0057628543
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings