History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Perrior, Small and Two Fricker Monuments in the Churchyard Between 6 and 11.5 Metres South of Nave of Church of St Mary

A Grade II Listed Building in Wylye, Wiltshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.1388 / 51°8'19"N

Longitude: -1.99 / 1°59'24"W

OS Eastings: 400793

OS Northings: 137720

OS Grid: SU007377

Mapcode National: GBR 2XK.FPP

Mapcode Global: VHB5F.GM9W

Entry Name: Perrior, Small and Two Fricker Monuments in the Churchyard Between 6 and 11.5 Metres South of Nave of Church of St Mary

Listing Date: 21 May 1986

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1146204

English Heritage Legacy ID: 320546

Location: Wylye, Wiltshire, BA12

County: Wiltshire

Civil Parish: Wylye

Built-Up Area: Wylye

Traditional County: Wiltshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire

Church of England Parish: Middle Wylye Valley

Church of England Diocese: Salisbury

Find accommodation in
Teffont Magna

Listing Text

WYLYE CHURCH STREET
SU 03 NW
(north side)
2/112
Perrior, Small and two Fricker
monuments in the churchyard between
6 and 11.5m south of nave of Church
of St. Mary
GV
II
Four chest tombs. Late C17, late C18 and early C19. Limestone.
Fricker tombs in similar style; moulded plinth, two fielded panels
to main sides and to ends, fielded pilasters and moulded flat top.
North tomb to Mary Fricker died 1776, south tomb to William Fricker
died 1814. Perrior tomb has plinth, 2 shaped panels per main side
with fielded pilasters and flat top; John Perrior died 1794.
Small tomb has plinth, panels with chanelled borders and pilasters
with stylised floral ornament to fluted frieze with rosettes and
flat top; William Small died 1788.


Listing NGR: SU0079337720

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.