This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.1189 / 51°7'8"N
Longitude: -1.8865 / 1°53'11"W
OS Eastings: 408037
OS Northings: 135520
OS Grid: SU080355
Mapcode National: GBR 3Z6.XHH
Mapcode Global: VHB5P.840K
Entry Name: Grobham Cottages
Listing Date: 21 May 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1146253
English Heritage Legacy ID: 320468
Location: Great Wishford, Wiltshire, SP2
Civil Parish: Great Wishford
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Great Wishford St Giles
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
GREAT WISHFORD WEST STREET
SU 03 NE
3/33 Nos 1 and 2 Grobham Cottages
(formerly listed as 4 Cottages
north of Churchyard adjoining
School on East)
Four almshouses, now two. Early C17. Banded flint and limestone,
tiled roof, gable end rendered stacks. Baffle-entry cottages.
Single storey and attic, 4-windows; casements. Two chamfered
stone doorcases to centre and two to ends, all with C20 doors, four
2-light recessed hollow-chamfered mullioned casements with C20
steel casements. Four hipped dormers with C20 casements. Rear has
C20 lean-to extensions and doors, single-light recessed hollow-
chamfered casements. Interiors altered and modernised 1960s,
chamfered beams. Almshouses endowed by Sir Richard Grobham in will
of 1628, see his monument in Church of St Giles (q.v.).
Listing NGR: SU0803735520
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings