This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.6276 / 50°37'39"N
Longitude: -3.6208 / 3°37'14"W
OS Eastings: 285456
OS Northings: 82130
OS Grid: SX854821
Mapcode National: GBR QP.SZ9F
Mapcode Global: FRA 379D.WS2
Entry Name: Almshouses
Listing Date: 23 August 1955
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1146574
English Heritage Legacy ID: 84694
Location: Trusham, Teignbridge, Devon, TQ13
Civil Parish: Trusham
Traditional County: Devon
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Devon
Church of England Parish: Trusham
Church of England Diocese: Exeter
TRUSHAM HIGHER TOWN, Trusham
SX 88 SE
Pair of almshouses. Late C17, extended possibly C19 and C20. Founded by John
Stooke. Rendered and painted stone rubble and cob walls. Dry slate roof with
rendered stone external gable end stacks with tall rendered brick shafts. Short
wings with gable ends and central valley to rear. Probably originally with 1 room
plan to each. Now 2 room plans plus C20 extension. 2 storeys. Symmetrical 2-
window south west front. Pair of C20 boarded doors to middle under original oak
lintel with slate roofed canopy on brackets. C20 stock factory 2-light casements of
equal sizes. N.M.R. photograph shows 3-light casements with oak lintels, those at
first floor less high and less wide. Stone plaque over doorway with inscription:
"All things come of thee and of thine own have we given thee".
Interior has original slightly chamfered oak beams and rounded recess probably for
original stair in each.
Listing NGR: SX8545682130
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings