This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.3847 / 50°23'4"N
Longitude: -3.585 / 3°35'5"W
OS Eastings: 287412
OS Northings: 55068
OS Grid: SX874550
Mapcode National: GBR QS.P8KS
Mapcode Global: FRA 38C0.Z15
Entry Name: Lodge, Gatepiers and Railings Approximately 330 Metres North East of Greenway House
Listing Date: 21 May 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1146707
English Heritage Legacy ID: 100581
Location: Kingswear, South Hams, Devon, TQ5
District: South Hams
Civil Parish: Kingswear
Traditional County: Devon
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Devon
Church of England Parish: Churston Ferrers St Mary the Virgin
Church of England Diocese: Exeter
SX 85 NE KINGSWEAR GREENWAY ROAD
8/37 Lodge, Gatepiers and
300 metres north east
- of Greenway House
Gate lodge to Greenway House qv. Dated 1850. Italanate style, small lodge.
Coarsed stone rubble with dressed stone details. Low-pitched hipped slate roof
with oversailing bracketed eaves. Corner pilasters. Single storey. Three bays.
Central gabled porch with ornate fretted bargeboards with pendant, round arch and
quoin vault and square piers with imposts. Moulded ledged door. Two-light case-
ments left and right with glazing bars and slightly cambered arches with key-
stones. Armorial shield in the porch gable with date 1850. Rendered stack at
rear with octagonal flues. Including drive gate piers adjoining east, square on
plan, coursed stone rubble with stepped pyramidal caps and plain plinths. Cast
iron double gates with finials to shafts and short section of similar railings
either side. The gates were removed in 1984
Listing NGR: SX8741255068
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings