This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.8289 / 52°49'44"N
Longitude: -0.484 / 0°29'2"W
OS Eastings: 502240
OS Northings: 326788
OS Grid: TF022267
Mapcode National: GBR FSM.QGK
Mapcode Global: WHGL4.J5R3
Entry Name: Former School and School House
Listing Date: 15 December 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1146785
English Heritage Legacy ID: 194140
Location: Irnham, South Kesteven, Lincolnshire, NG33
District: South Kesteven
Civil Parish: Irnham
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Irnham St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
IRNHAM CORBY ROAD
TF 0226-0326 (north side)
13/166 Former School and
Former School and School House, now house and empty room. 1861.
Squared limestone rubble with ashlar quoins and dressings. Plain
tiled roof, overhanging eaves and gables on carved wooden
brackets, 2 moulded stone gable stacks and single wall stack.
School is single storey with dormers, 3 bay front, having central
planked door covered by gabled porch with pointed inner and outer
doorways, flanked by single 3 light windows. In the roof 2
gabled dormers with 2 light glazing bar casements and rendered
cheeks. Above the outer doorway a stone bears the date 1861
together with the Woodhouse Griffin. The school is linked by a
wall to the single storey with garret, 3 bay house. Having
central planked doorway with to left a 2 light window and to
right a tall lancet. All windows have wooden heads in the form
of Caernarvon arches, and all openings have chamfered shaped
Listing NGR: TF0224026788
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings