This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.6897 / 50°41'22"N
Longitude: -3.3989 / 3°23'56"W
OS Eastings: 301279
OS Northings: 88713
OS Grid: SY012887
Mapcode National: GBR P4.85NQ
Mapcode Global: FRA 37R8.5N2
Entry Name: Cook's Farmhouse
Listing Date: 11 November 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1146834
English Heritage Legacy ID: 88662
Location: Woodbury, East Devon, Devon, EX5
District: East Devon
Civil Parish: Woodbury
Built-Up Area: Woodbury Salterton
Traditional County: Devon
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Devon
Church of England Parish: Woodbury Salterton
Church of England Diocese: Exeter
SY 08 NW WOODBURY WOODBURY SALTERTON (west side)
2/143 Cook's Farmhouse
Farmhouse. Possibly C17, entirely remodelled and possibly rebuilt, in C19.
Plastered cob on stone footings, with brick patching; gabled-end asbestos pantiled
roof. Originally a 3-room through-passage plan house, with a rear wing to the
inner room. Rear lateral external stack to hall, all brick and looks entirely
rebuilt in C19; end stack, external, cob, to rear wing, no longer visible
externally; lateral external stack to rear wing, presumably to replace end stack.
Stair turret in angle formed by main range and rear wing. C19 brick leanto to rear.
Front: 5 window range, 2- and 3-light casement windows throughout, mostly C19;
brick, pantiled porch to passage entrance.
Rear: C19 3-light casement windows and another of 2-lights to turret. Interior not
inspected; house unoccupied at time of resurvey visit (July 1985). With the
exception of the roof which was thatched in 1952, the house is as it appeared when
Listing NGR: SY0127988713
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings