History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Kilross Lodge

A Grade II Listed Building in Yealand Conyers, Lancashire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 54.1676 / 54°10'3"N

Longitude: -2.7602 / 2°45'36"W

OS Eastings: 350463

OS Northings: 474908

OS Grid: SD504749

Mapcode National: GBR 9N57.6S

Mapcode Global: WH83N.KHTX

Entry Name: Kilross Lodge

Listing Date: 2 May 1968

Last Amended: 7 November 1983

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1146864

English Heritage Legacy ID: 182034

Location: Yealand Conyers, Lancaster, Lancashire, LA5

County: Lancashire

District: Lancaster

Civil Parish: Yealand Conyers

Traditional County: Lancashire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire

Church of England Parish: Yealand Conyers St John The Evangelist

Church of England Diocese: Blackburn

Find accommodation in
Burton

Listing Text

This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 08/09/2014


SD 57 SW
4/263

YEALAND CONYERS,
ROSE ACRE LANE (North Side),
Kilross Lodge

(Formerly listed as Barn at junction with Yealand Road and Flat Lane, opposite Old Hall Complex.

Previously listed as Barns and Outbuildings at The Old Hall on opposite side of road under Yealand Road)

2.5.1968

GV II


Barn, c.1800. Slobbered limestone rubble with slate roof. South wall,
facing road, has a wide segmental-arched opening at left-hand end, now
partly blocked to form a window. To the right are 2 windows with plain
reveals, and traces of blocked door openings. Right-hand gable has later
one-storey lean-to. Left-hand (west) gable has modern wide opening and
traces of the original shippon doors. Gables have ball finials. Along the
north wall are later lean-to shippons. Set into the left-hand end of the
south wall is a sandstone tablet with rounded top incised '9'. This is a
milestone, as recorded on Yates' map of 1786.


Listing NGR: SD5046374908

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.