This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.1669 / 54°10'1"N
Longitude: -2.7609 / 2°45'39"W
OS Eastings: 350416
OS Northings: 474839
OS Grid: SD504748
Mapcode National: GBR 9N58.10
Mapcode Global: WH83N.KJHD
Entry Name: New Inn
Listing Date: 2 May 1968
Last Amended: 7 November 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1146880
English Heritage Legacy ID: 182036
Location: Yealand Conyers, Lancaster, Lancashire, LA5
Civil Parish: Yealand Conyers
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire
Church of England Parish: Yealand Conyers St John The Evangelist
Church of England Diocese: Blackburn
SD 57 SW YEALAND CONYERS YEALAND ROAD (EAST SIDE)
4/285 New Inn
2. 5. 1968 (formerly listed as No 40 (The New Inn))
Public house. Early C19th with C17th remains. Pebbledashed rubble with
slate roof. Double-pile plan with central entry and gable stacks. 2
storeys with attic, 3 bays. Windows have 6-light sashes with plain reveals
and projecting sills. Door has plain stone surround with cornice hood on
brackets. Right-hand gable has rebated and chamfered surround to attic
window. Rear wall has rebated and chamfered mullioned window on the 1st
floor. The south wall of the rear wing has 2 sashed windows with glazing
bars and plain reveals on the 1st floor, with a 1st floor doorway to the
right reached by external stone steps. Interior. Left-hand (north) room
has a C17th chamfered fireplace with shaped head. Chimney breast has
ornamental plasterwork of vine scroll panels, also C17th and now worn.
Right-hand room has moulded shouldered fireplace of C18th type.
Listing NGR: SD5041674839
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings