History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Chaigley Manor

A Grade II Listed Building in Aighton, Bailey and Chaigley, Lancashire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.869 / 53°52'8"N

Longitude: -2.4652 / 2°27'54"W

OS Eastings: 369504

OS Northings: 441525

OS Grid: SD695415

Mapcode National: GBR CR7P.2S

Mapcode Global: WH96H.30BR

Entry Name: Chaigley Manor

Listing Date: 22 November 1983

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1146892

English Heritage Legacy ID: 182891

Location: Aighton, Bailey and Chaigley, Ribble Valley, Lancashire, BB7

County: Lancashire

District: Ribble Valley

Civil Parish: Aighton, Bailey and Chaigley

Traditional County: Lancashire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire

Church of England Parish: Hurst Green St John the Evangelist

Church of England Diocese: Blackburn

Find accommodation in
Waddington

Listing Text

SD 64 SE AIGHTON, BAILEY & BAILEY BANK (OFF)
CHAIGLEY

5/7 Chaigley Manor

II


House, 1857. Punched rock-faced sandstone with slate roof. 2 storeys.
West facade of 4 bays with battlements and corner turrets, the 3rd bay
projecting forwards. The windows have an inner hollow chamfer and outer
chamfer, those on the ground floor being cross windows with hood moulds.
The 1st floor windows are mullioned, those in bays 1 and 2 being of 2
lights, those in bays 3 and 4 of 3 lights. The entrance is in the 3rd bay,
with a door with chamfered surround and 4-centred head flanked by
narrower windows with similar details. The central area of the roof is
surrounded by iron railings and has 2 sets of clustered chimney caps. The
south front has a canted bay window to the left on the ground floor, with
2 cross windows to its right and a shield dated '1857' at the far right.
On the 1st floor are mullioned windows of 3, 2, 3 and one lights.
Interior. The hall is entered through a glazed wooden screen with
clustered columns, and with perpendicular tracery to the central doors.


Listing NGR: SD6950441525

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.