History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Church of All Saints

A Grade II* Listed Building in Maltby Le Marsh, Lincolnshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.3093 / 53°18'33"N

Longitude: 0.193 / 0°11'34"E

OS Eastings: 546212

OS Northings: 381392

OS Grid: TF462813

Mapcode National: GBR YZS5.LF

Mapcode Global: WHJLD.Y22V

Entry Name: Church of All Saints

Listing Date: 9 March 1957

Last Amended: 9 March 1967

Grade: II*

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1146990

English Heritage Legacy ID: 195630

Location: Maltby Le Marsh, East Lindsey, Lincolnshire, LN13

County: Lincolnshire

District: East Lindsey

Civil Parish: Maltby le Marsh

Built-Up Area: Maltby le Marsh

Traditional County: Lincolnshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire

Church of England Parish: Beesby with Maltby St Andrew

Church of England Diocese: Lincoln

Find accommodation in
Maltby le Marsh

Listing Text

TF 48 SE MALTBY LE MASH CHURCH LANE
5/26 Church of
All Saints
9.3.67
II*
Parish church. c.1300, C15, tower partly rebuilt c.1700, with
minor C19 alterations. Squared greenstone rubble, red brick,
slate roofs. Western tower, nave, chancel, south porch, vestry.
3 stage tower has moulded string courses, plain parapet and angle
pinnacles. To the belfry stage are 2 light C15 windows with
quatrefoils. The ground stage west wall has a 3 light panel
tracery C15 window. The north nave wall has 2 light and 3
light Y traceried windows and a pointed doorway, all with
chamfered surrounds, and 4 stepped buttresses. The C19 chancel
east window is a tripartite lancet. On the south wall of the
nave are 2 three light and a single 2 light windows with
intersecting tracery. The C19 brick gabled south porch has a
plain outer doorway with segmental head. The scar of a more
steeply pitched earlier porch can be seen. The inner doorway is
single chamfered and pointed with C19 hood. In the corner of
the porch is an octagonal stoup. Interior. Tall pointed tower
arch in front of a C15 single chamfered arch with octagonal
imposts and responds. The chancel arch is double chamfered and
dies to the reveals. At the east end of the nave is a lower and
upper doorway, to the now vanished rood loft, and a niche with
trefoil head. Fittings. The altar rails are early C18 with
slender turned balusters, moulded rail and turned newel. The
pulpit is C19. The octagonal C15 font has at the angles of the
stem 4 men with standing out hair and against the bowl are 4
angels with spread out wings. Monuments. In the chancel is a
c.1300 cross legged knight wearing chain mail and surcoat. At
his head are 2 angels by the pillow and at his feet 2 lions
biting each other.


Listing NGR: TF4621281392

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.