History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Church of St Mary

A Grade II Listed Building in Yealand Conyers, Lancashire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 54.1606 / 54°9'38"N

Longitude: -2.7614 / 2°45'41"W

OS Eastings: 350377

OS Northings: 474128

OS Grid: SD503741

Mapcode National: GBR 9N4B.Y9

Mapcode Global: WH83N.KP79

Entry Name: Church of St Mary

Listing Date: 7 November 1983

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1147015

English Heritage Legacy ID: 182048

Location: Yealand Conyers, Lancaster, Lancashire, LA5

County: Lancashire

District: Lancaster

Civil Parish: Yealand Conyers

Traditional County: Lancashire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire

Church of England Parish: Yealand Conyers St John The Evangelist

Church of England Diocese: Blackburn

Find accommodation in
Burton

Listing Text

SD 57 SW YEALAND CONYERS YEALAND ROAD (EAST SIDE)

4/276 Church of St Mary

II

Roman Catholic Church, 1852, by Paley. Squared limestone with limestone
dressings and steep slate roof. Comprises a nave, a lower chancel and a
north porch. North nave wall has 4 windows of plate tracery, each having
2 cusped lancets and a trefoil. Chancel wall has 4 lancets with hoods. East
wall has diagonal buttresses and 3 stepped lancets with hoods. Porch has a
deeply moulded doorway with a statue of the Virgin above in a carved sand-
stone niche. The west wall has diagonal buttresses and a central bay project-
ing with offsets, with a central buttress and 2 tall cusped lights. This
central bay is terminated by 2 gabled bell openings. The south nave wall
has 5 cusped lancets. Interior. 5-bay nave has open timber roof with long
scissor braces, ashlaring and side purlins. Chancel arch is of moulded sand-
stone, springing from columns carried on foliated corbels.


Listing NGR: SD5037774128

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.