History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Old Rectory

A Grade II Listed Building in Broxholme, Lincolnshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.2922 / 53°17'31"N

Longitude: -0.6344 / 0°38'3"W

OS Eastings: 491121

OS Northings: 378115

OS Grid: SK911781

Mapcode National: GBR SZ0C.FK

Mapcode Global: WHGHR.7J40

Entry Name: Old Rectory

Listing Date: 11 June 1985

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1147028

English Heritage Legacy ID: 196972

Location: Broxholme, West Lindsey, Lincolnshire, LN1

County: Lincolnshire

District: West Lindsey

Civil Parish: Broxholme

Traditional County: Lincolnshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire

Church of England Parish: Saxilby St Botolph

Church of England Diocese: Lincoln

Find accommodation in
Saxilby

Listing Text

SK 97 NW BROXHOLME CHURCH LANE

4/8 Old Rectory

G.V. II

Former rectory, now house. Late C18 with alterations of 1828 and
1840 and C20 minor alterations. Limestone anti red brick, hipped
slate roof, 2 brick ridge stacks. 2 storey, 3 bay front with
overhanging eaves. 5 panelled door with side lights and
triangular hood over. Above a C20 segmental portico hood on
brackets with dentillated cornice on side piers. Flanked by
single tall glazing bar sashes. To first floor are 3 glazing bar
sashes. Windows have segmental brick heads. To left is a 3 bay
brick hipped wing with central French windows flanked by glazing
bar sashes, to first floor are 2 similar sashes. To right side
is a canted bay window with pilasters, glazing bar sashes,
dentillated top and Greek key panels beneath. The house is shown
in the Banks drawings collection. The 1840 alterations, which
included the left hand ring, were undertaken by Wilson,
architect, and commissioned by Mr. F. Robinson, Farmer.


Listing NGR: SK9112178115

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.