History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Debonnaire Cottage, Old post Office and stone Cottage

A Grade II Listed Building in Burton, Lincolnshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.261 / 53°15'39"N

Longitude: -0.5592 / 0°33'33"W

OS Eastings: 496206

OS Northings: 374745

OS Grid: SK962747

Mapcode National: GBR SZJQ.QQ

Mapcode Global: WHGHZ.C9YD

Entry Name: Debonnaire Cottage, Old post Office and stone Cottage

Listing Date: 11 June 1985

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1147074

English Heritage Legacy ID: 196981

Location: Burton, West Lindsey, Lincolnshire, LN1

County: Lincolnshire

District: West Lindsey

Civil Parish: Burton

Built-Up Area: Burton-by-Lincoln

Traditional County: Lincolnshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire

Church of England Parish: The Spring Line Group

Church of England Diocese: Lincoln

Find accommodation in
Burton

Listing Text

This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 23/02/2017

SK 97 SE
9/17

BURTON
MIDDLE STREET
Stone Cottage, Old Post Office and Debonnaire Cottage

(Formerly listed as Stone Cottage, Post Office and Debonair Cottage, LINCOLN ROAD)


GV
II
Row of three cottages and former Post Office. C18 with major alterations and additions of 1911 in the Vernacular Revival style. Coursed squared limestone rubble with some yellow brick dressings, tile hung gables, interlocking tiled roof with three ridge and one gable stone stacks. One and a half storeys, irregular ten bay front, left hand two bays advanced, and like the fifth, seventh and ninth bays separately gabled. Planked doors, the left hand are recessed in a semi-circular archway, windows are two light glazing bar casements with segmental heads. Upper glazing bar casements are either to eaves or base of tile hung gables. Over the left hand door is a plaque recording the rebuilding of the cottages in 1911 in memory of 8th Lord Monson.

Listed for group value only.

Listing NGR: SK9620674745

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.