This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.2542 / 53°15'15"N
Longitude: 0.2822 / 0°16'56"E
OS Eastings: 552350
OS Northings: 375451
OS Grid: TF523754
Mapcode National: GBR ZZDT.W5
Mapcode Global: WHJLN.9GNM
Entry Name: Church of St Andrew
Listing Date: 3 February 1967
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1147116
English Heritage Legacy ID: 195574
Location: Anderby, East Lindsey, Lincolnshire, PE24
District: East Lindsey
Civil Parish: Anderby
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Anderby St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
ANDERBY RECTORY LANE
TF 57 NW
4/51 Church of
Parish church. 1759 and 1887. Red brick, with ashlar
dressings, squared greenstone rubble, slate and lead roofs.
Western tower, nave, facetted chancel, south porch and vestry.
The C18 3 stage brick tower has greenstone plinth, plain bands
and dentillated eaves, with shaped lead roof. Tower and nave
windows are semi-circular headed, in stone surrounds with key and
impost blocks. In the west wall are single windows at ground
and belfry level. The north nave wall has 2 windows, greenstone
plinth and dentillated eaves course. Chancel and vestry were
added in 1887, and have matching moulded brick semi-circular
headed openings. The vestry has a door and narrow window to the
north and a further window to the east. The canted chancel has
a moulded brick eaves course, string course and single windows to
each of the three sides and 2 more to the south. The nave south
wall is as the north but with 3 windows. The gabled south porch
is against the tower and has semi-circular headed inner and outer
doorways with continuously moulded brick reveals. Interior.
Semi-circular tower arch. The chancel arch is semi-circular in
moulded brick with rolls to the angles of the 2 orders, paired
ashlar shafts to the imposts, with fluted bases and cushion
capitals. In the north wall of the chancel a similar archway
with fluted imposts. The chancel windows have rear arches of
moulded brick with rolled angles and facets. All fittings are
C19 including the octagonal font.
Listing NGR: TF5235075451
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings