This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.8054 / 51°48'19"N
Longitude: 0.1917 / 0°11'30"E
OS Eastings: 551203
OS Northings: 214128
OS Grid: TL512141
Mapcode National: GBR MFK.M9V
Mapcode Global: VHHM2.8WPD
Entry Name: Pump Approximately 15 Metres North West of the Sanctuary
Listing Date: 26 April 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1147149
English Heritage Legacy ID: 118275
Location: Sheering, Epping Forest, Essex, CM22
District: Epping Forest
Civil Parish: Sheering
Built-Up Area: Sheering
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex
Church of England Parish: Sheering St Mary the Virgin
Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford
TL 51 SW SHEERING THE STREET
3/8 Pump approx. 15 metres
NW of The Sanctuary
Cast iron pump, late C19. Acanthus design on cap, finial of thistle design.
Handle ending in knop. Maker's name illegible, but design identical with others
bearing the name 'G. Ingold, B.Stortford'. Edge of cap broken. Situated in
small bay on S side of The Street, against the E curtilage of Fox Thatch,
formerly The Thatch.
Listing NGR: TL5120314128
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings