History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Hall Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Newton on Trent, Lincolnshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.2558 / 53°15'20"N

Longitude: -0.7543 / 0°45'15"W

OS Eastings: 483200

OS Northings: 373920

OS Grid: SK832739

Mapcode National: GBR RZ5S.HL

Mapcode Global: WHFGR.DF1D

Entry Name: Hall Farmhouse

Listing Date: 11 June 1985

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1147213

English Heritage Legacy ID: 197011

Location: Newton on Trent, West Lindsey, Lincolnshire, LN1

County: Lincolnshire

District: West Lindsey

Civil Parish: Newton on Trent

Built-Up Area: Newton on Trent

Traditional County: Lincolnshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire

Church of England Parish: Newton-on-Trent St Peter

Church of England Diocese: Lincoln

Find accommodation in
Dunham

Listing Text

SK 87 SW NEWTON-ON-TRENT HIGH STREET
(west side)

6/48 Hall Farm House

G.V. II

Farmhouse. 1656 with extensive remodelling of the early C19.
Painted brick with hipped slate roof and 2 brick wall stacks. T-
plan. 2 storey with basement, 3 bay front having a central 6
panelled door, traceried fanlight and C20 wooden doorcase,
reached up a flight of steps. Door is flanked by single glazing
bar sashes, the larger fenestration of the earlier phase can be
seen around the C19 windows. To first floor are 3 glazingbar
top hung casements. In front of the house is a built up earth
bank, concealing the basement which is in fact the ground floor
of the original C17 house. To right is a lower range with semi-
circular headed niche and a ramped wall to the gate post. At
left side is a brick wall containing a reset keystone dated 1656.
At the rear, a stone cornice marks the site of the original back
door. Interior. A plain chamfered beam in the smaller 2 storey
(service) wing to rear. Some reset C17 panelling and 2
decorative panels re-used over a doorway to upper floor and doors
re-using C17 wainscotting with lovely lyre scrolled decoration.
The C17 hall. has a fine moulded beam with a stepped stop. Upper
ground floor is early C19 with shuttered windows and 2 semi-
circular headed doorways to stair hall. Drawing room has a
curved end with full. cornice and 2 balanced curved front
cupboards.


Listing NGR: SK8320073920

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.