History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Stable Range 10 Metres South East of Houbridge Hall Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Great Oakley, Essex

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.8979 / 51°53'52"N

Longitude: 1.1597 / 1°9'35"E

OS Eastings: 617487

OS Northings: 226870

OS Grid: TM174268

Mapcode National: GBR VQZ.S2D

Mapcode Global: VHLCL.1KZF

Entry Name: Stable Range 10 Metres South East of Houbridge Hall Farmhouse

Listing Date: 30 January 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1147291

English Heritage Legacy ID: 120280

Location: Great Oakley, Tendring, Essex, CO12

County: Essex

District: Tendring

Civil Parish: Great Oakley

Traditional County: Essex

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex

Church of England Parish: Great Oakley All Saints

Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford

Find accommodation in
Thorpe le Soken

Listing Text

GREAT OAKLEY STONES GREEN ROAD
TM 12 NE (north side)

3/38 Stable range 10 metres
south-east of Houbridge
Hall Farmhouse

GV II

Stable range. Early C19. Red brick in Flemish bond, roofed with slate. Long
range facing NE, gabled end to road. One storey. The NE elevation has 10
semi-circular windows with arches of gauged brick, of which 2 are blocked and
the others altered to rectangular casements, the apertures unaffected except one
which is extended downwards. 2 halved boarded doors, one plain boarded door,
one pair of double doors (of which one is halved), and 3 blocked apertures for
doors, 2 of which have shallow segmental arches of gauged brick. Low-pitched
roof with one in-pitch skylight near the right end. Connected at the right end
to a weatherboarded and pantiled bakehouse or ancillary building of less
architectural interest. Shown in the tithe award of 1841 (Essex Record Office,
D/CT 158). Included for group value.


Listing NGR: TM1748726870

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.