This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.7883 / 52°47'17"N
Longitude: -0.1506 / 0°9'2"W
OS Eastings: 524812
OS Northings: 322798
OS Grid: TF248227
Mapcode National: GBR HX9.4QY
Mapcode Global: WHHMM.N5GQ
Entry Name: The Museum of the Spalding Gentlemens' Society
Listing Date: 20 November 1975
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1147350
English Heritage Legacy ID: 197247
Location: South Holland, Lincolnshire, PE11
District: South Holland
Electoral Ward/Division: Spalding Castle
Parish: Non Civil Parish
Built-Up Area: Spalding
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Spalding St Mary and St Nicolas
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
The Museum of the
TF 2421 1/157
Dated 1910. Architect, J B Corby and Sons. 2 storeys in red brick with ashlar
dressings and hipped Welsh slate roof. Gabled centre section breaks forward.
1 window of 16 lights, mullion and transom, beneath rectangular dripmould with
shield with coat of arms above. Also 3 labels with legends 'Literature' 'Art'
and 'Science'. 2 plaques with monograms to sides and centre plaque with frieze
of figures above door. Moulded string between storeys. The ground floor of
this centre section has 2 windows of 4 lights under rectangular dripmoulds.
Doorway in stone with carved spandrels and panelled door with mask in rectangular
fanlight. The side sections have one 4-light window to each storey to the left,
and 1 window of 2 lights to each storey to the right. 2 labels dated 1710 and
Nos 8. 9 and the Museum of the Spalding Gentlemens' Society form a group
Listing NGR: TF2481222798
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings