This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.8041 / 51°48'14"N
Longitude: 0.5708 / 0°34'14"E
OS Eastings: 577344
OS Northings: 214844
OS Grid: TL773148
Mapcode National: GBR PJQ.TBQ
Mapcode Global: VHJJQ.VX4B
Entry Name: Wood Monument Approximatley 30 Metres North-East of All Saints Church
Listing Date: 13 March 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1147373
English Heritage Legacy ID: 115466
Location: Terling, Braintree, Essex, CM3
Civil Parish: Terling
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex
Church of England Parish: Terling All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford
TL 7714 TERLING CHURCH GREEN
11/118 Wood monument approx.
30 metres north-east
of All Saints Church
Monument. Early C19. Limestone. 1.25 metres square with recessed angles.
Moulded plinth. Ogee head supporting draped urn with foliate bowl and Greek key
border. On each side, a rectangular panel with shells at the corners and
guilloche band above. On NW side, inscription to Jane Wood, 1809, and her
husband Thomas, 1831; on SE side to their son John, 1821; on SW side, to their
daughter Mary Anne, 1842, and their son Thomas, 1840. Overall height 2.20
Listing NGR: TL7734414844
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings