This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.2866 / 53°17'11"N
Longitude: -0.2995 / 0°17'58"W
OS Eastings: 513457
OS Northings: 377972
OS Grid: TF134779
Mapcode National: GBR VZBF.YK
Mapcode Global: WHHK1.CNL9
Entry Name: Church of All Saints
Listing Date: 14 September 1966
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1147509
English Heritage Legacy ID: 195431
Location: Wragby, East Lindsey, Lincolnshire, LN8
District: East Lindsey
Civil Parish: Wragby
Built-Up Area: Wragby
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Wragby All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
WRAGBY CHURCH STREET
TF 17 NW
4/56 Church of
Parish church. 1839 by W. A. Nicholson. Stock brick, limestone
ashlar dressings. Slate roofs with stone coped gables and cross
finials. West tower, nave with south porch, small chancel.
Plinth runs round entire church. West tower with moulded string
course and 3 stage angle buttresses with gabled set offs.
Western lancet with nook shafts. South doorway with pointed,
moulded head, single small shafts on each side and plank door.
Moulded string course above with trefoil on west and south sides,
each with 3 small round cusped windows. Clock on north side.
Moulded string course above and bell openings on all 4 sides,
each a pair of tall lancets with nook shafts and hood moulds
running into string course. Ornate corbel table above with
parapet and 4 tall corner pinnacles. North side of nave with 6
narrow 2 stage buttresses with gabled set offs rising above
parapet, and alternating with 5 pairs of lancets with nook shafts
and hood moulds. Ornate corbel table under parapet. Lower
chancel with doorway with pointed double chamfered head, hood
mould and plank door. East end of chancel with small flanking
gabled bays to north and south of central taller gabled bay
defined by 2 stage gabled buttresses and pinnacles. East window
of 3 lancets, that in centre taller, with nook shafts and hood
moulds. Flanking bays each with single lancet. South side with
low chancel to east with pointed doorway with double chamfered
head and jambs, hood mould and plank door. Steep gable above
with parapet. South side of nave with string course and tall 2
stage narrow buttresses with gabled set offs alternating with 3
pairs of lancets with nook shafts and hood mould. Corbel table
above and parapet. Steeply gabled porch beyond with pointed
south doorway with moulded head supported on single narrow
shafts, inner chamfered surround and hood mould. East side of
porch with small lancet. Porch interior with pointed south
doorway with double chamfered head and jambs, hood mould and
plank doors. Fragment of medieval moulded pier, very weathered
and hollowed out into piscina. West of porch 2 narrow
buttresses flank pair of lancets with nook shafts and hood
moulds, corbelling and parapet above. Interior west doorway
leading to tower and staircase to west gallery, with segmental
head and broad panelled door. West gallery supported on corbels
and slender columns, with panelled front. Tall pointed chancel
arch with double chamfered head supported on clusters of 3
filleted shafts with plain moulded capitals painted white and
gold. Doorway to left with shallow triangular head and panelled
door. Tie-beam roof with curved braces over nave. All the
windows with hood moulds and gold painted ornate label stops.
East window with white and gold nook shafts. Panelled dado in
chancel. Monument to Richard Blundy, died 1837, white sepulchre
with urn and draperies. Monument to Barbara Bartholomew, died
1838, white plaque with urn on black field. Monument to Eliza
Wrangham, died 1862, black and white with cross and palm. C19
octagonal stone font on tall pedestal, with ogee hood. C20 font.
Remnant of C12 round shaft with crudely cut capital with darts
and protruding angles, hollowed out into piscina. Several C19
and C20 brass plaques. C19 pews.
Listing NGR: TF1345777972
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings