This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.8536 / 53°51'12"N
Longitude: -2.5792 / 2°34'45"W
OS Eastings: 361996
OS Northings: 439859
OS Grid: SD619398
Mapcode National: GBR BRFW.DB
Mapcode Global: WH96F.CD1M
Entry Name: Wheatley Farmhouse and Former Stable Adjoining to the South
Listing Date: 13 February 1967
Last Amended: 22 November 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1147523
English Heritage Legacy ID: 183044
Location: Thornley-with-Wheatley, Ribble Valley, Lancashire, PR3
District: Ribble Valley
Civil Parish: Thornley-with-Wheatley
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire
Church of England Parish: Chipping St Bartholomew
Church of England Diocese: Blackburn
SD 63 NW THORNLEY-WITH-WHEATLEY FOUR ACRE LANE
7/158 Wheatley Farmhouse and former
13.2.67 stable adjoining to the south
(formerly listed as Wheatley
Farmhouse, 'R A 1774' on plaque. Squared, coursed sandstone with slate roof.
House of central-entry double-pile plan with end stacks. 2 storeys with
attic. Windows have plain stone surrounds, having lost their square mullions.
The door has a shouldered architrave with narrow pulvinated frieze and moulded
pediment. Attached towards the rear of the right-hand gable is a large stone
trough carved from one piece of stone and dated '1832'. The rear wall has
plain stone window surrounds, the 2 on the 1st floor retaining their square
mullions and being of 2 lights. The rear door is now within a later extension
and has an architrave with 'EHA 1758' incised on the lintel. Adjoining to the
left is a former stable or shippon having a door with plain stone surround,
and a round pitching hole with plain stone surround on the 1st floor of the
left-hand gable. Above is a square pitching hole.
Listing NGR: SD6199639859
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings