History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Heronshaw Hall

A Grade II Listed Building in Leverton, Lincolnshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.0209 / 53°1'15"N

Longitude: 0.0895 / 0°5'22"E

OS Eastings: 540248

OS Northings: 349113

OS Grid: TF402491

Mapcode National: GBR KXC.RF9

Mapcode Global: WHJMQ.BBVF

Entry Name: Heronshaw Hall

Listing Date: 26 January 1967

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1147752

English Heritage Legacy ID: 192014

Location: Leverton, Boston, Lincolnshire, PE22

County: Lincolnshire

District: Boston

Civil Parish: Leverton

Traditional County: Lincolnshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire

Church of England Parish: Leverton St Helen

Church of England Diocese: Lincoln

Find accommodation in
Old Leake

Listing Text


TF 44 NW LEVERTON SOUTHFIELDS
(west side)

9/94 Heronshaw Hall
26.1.67
II

House. 1576, altered and extended C17, extensively remodelled
late C18, with minor C20 alterations. Red brick mostly in
English bond, slate roofs, single gable, 2 triple ridge, and a
single wall stack, in brick. T-plan, having parlour cross wing.
2 storey, irregular 5 bay front, the left hand bay advanced and
separately gabled. Chamfered plinth, moulded and chamfered first
floor offset, now covered by slate course, gable band to left.
Off-centre C18 6 panel door in plain brick surround. To left a
glazing bar sliding sash, and to right 2 glazing bar windows, one
a casement, one a sash. To first floor are 3 glazing bar sashes,
a fixed light and a glazing bar casement, all with segmental
brick heads. Between the right hand pair of upper windows is a
terracotta tiled date plaque, 1576, initials WB IB, above a
shield. Stepped cruciform terracotta surround. The left hand
side front of parlour wing has 3 glazing bar sashes to ground
floor and 4 above. Interior retains moulded beams. Brick
fireplace with timber bressumer. Some reset panelling. Also known
as Massom Hall.


Listing NGR: TF4024849113

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.