History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Bellhouse 12 Metres South West of the Parish Church of All Saints

A Grade II Listed Building in Wrabness, Essex

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.9429 / 51°56'34"N

Longitude: 1.1618 / 1°9'42"E

OS Eastings: 617411

OS Northings: 231874

OS Grid: TM174318

Mapcode National: GBR VQL.0KB

Mapcode Global: VHLCD.3F1G

Entry Name: Bellhouse 12 Metres South West of the Parish Church of All Saints

Listing Date: 30 January 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1147875

English Heritage Legacy ID: 120338

Location: Wrabness, Tendring, Essex, CO11

County: Essex

District: Tendring

Civil Parish: Wrabness

Traditional County: Essex

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex

Church of England Parish: Wrabness All Saints

Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford

Find accommodation in
Mistley

Listing Text

WRABNESS CHURCH ROAD
TM 13 SE (north side)

1/113
Bellhouse 12 metres
south-west of the
Parish Church of All
Saints

GV II

Bellhouse. C18. Timber framed, no cladding, roofed with handmade red clay
tiles. Square plan with door to E. One storey. Pyramidal roof. Frame
entirely of hardwood, including some re-used timber, jointed and pegged, with
primary straight bracing. One internal tiebeam aligned N-S, with king-post.
Much obscured by ivy at time of re-survey, August 1985. Contains a bell-frame
for one bell, aligned N-S, constructed of hardwood, all jointed and pegged
except the diagonal straight braces, which are lap-jointed and nailed, in red
brick footings. Bell by J. Warner and Sons, Crescent Foundry, London, 1864.
(N. Pevsner, The Buildings of England - Essex, 1965, 436). Shown in the tithe
map of 1842 (Essex Record Office, D/CT 413. RCHM 1.


Listing NGR: TM1741131874

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Selected Sources

Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.