This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.3558 / 54°21'20"N
Longitude: -0.5366 / 0°32'11"W
OS Eastings: 495201
OS Northings: 496575
OS Grid: SE952965
Mapcode National: GBR SLP2.MB
Mapcode Global: WHGBK.QSN3
Entry Name: Church of St Margaret (Old Church) and Boundary Wall
Listing Date: 18 January 1967
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1148207
English Heritage Legacy ID: 326896
Location: Harwood Dale, Scarborough, North Yorkshire, YO13
County: North Yorkshire
Civil Parish: Harwood Dale
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Hackness with Harwood Dale
Church of England Diocese: York
SW 99 NE HARWOOD DALE GATELA ROAD
2/28 Church of St Margaret
(Old Church) and
18.1.67 boundary wall
Church, ruined, and boundary wall. 1634, for Sir Thomas Posthumous
Hoby, as recorded on a tablet now installed in the new St Margaret's
Church. Squared grey sandstone. Roof originally stone slabs with coped
gables. Unaisled rectangle with south porch and west bellcote. 3-light
window at east end, with transom. 2-light round-arched window to west.
Three 2-light windows in north wall and blocked doorway with shallow
ogee arch. Two 2-light windows to south. All windows have chamfered
frames and mullions to exterior. West window arches are keyed outside.
No interior fittings remain.
Listing NGR: SE9520196575
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings