History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Potters House

A Grade II Listed Building in Hutton-le-Hole, North Yorkshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 54.3008 / 54°18'2"N

Longitude: -0.9186 / 0°55'6"W

OS Eastings: 470472

OS Northings: 490002

OS Grid: SE704900

Mapcode National: GBR QL0Q.X1

Mapcode Global: WHF9M.V5R8

Entry Name: The Potters House

Listing Date: 24 June 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1149020

English Heritage Legacy ID: 328920

Location: Hutton-le-Hole, Ryedale, North Yorkshire, YO62

County: North Yorkshire

District: Ryedale

Civil Parish: Hutton-le-Hole

Traditional County: Yorkshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire

Church of England Parish: Lastingham St Mary

Church of England Diocese: York

Find accommodation in
Hutton le Hole

Listing Text

HUTTON-LE-HOLE THE VILLAGE
SE 7090
SE 7089 (centre)
11/84 The Potter's House
GV II
School, now house. 1845 on datestone; altered c1875; further alteration and
extension in C20. Hammer-dressed sandstone on rusticated sandstone plinth;
dressings and rusticated quoins of sandstone ashlar; slate roof with brick
stack. Gable end front of 2 storeys and single window, with 2-storey,
single-window extended wing to left. Quoins to gabled front form clasping
pilaster strips with cavetto-moulded imposts. C20 board door to wing with
12-pane sash above. Inserted 2-light mullion window to ground floor of
gabled front, with tooled lintel. Original 2-light window to first floor in
double chamfered raised surround, with cavetto mullion and foiled
semicircular heads to each light. Flat hoodmould with returns. Rusticated
plinth band. Coped gable end with coiled volutes. Right return: two 2-
light mullion windows with foiled semicircular heads in square raised
surrounds. Datestone to centre, inscribed:
ERECTED
BY SUBSCRIPTION
AD 1845
Cavetto-moulded eaves course forms imposts to pilaster strips.


Listing NGR: SE7047290002

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.