This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.9878 / 53°59'16"N
Longitude: -1.5398 / 1°32'23"W
OS Eastings: 430274
OS Northings: 454739
OS Grid: SE302547
Mapcode National: GBR KQPB.F7
Mapcode Global: WHC8M.B106
Entry Name: Stone Pillar (Near South East Corner of West Park)
Listing Date: 4 February 1975
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1149401
English Heritage Legacy ID: 329978
Location: Harrogate, North Yorkshire, HG2
County: North Yorkshire
Electoral Ward/Division: Low Harrogate
Built-Up Area: Harrogate
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: High Harrogate St Peter
Church of England Diocese: Leeds
5338 WEST PARK
(near south east corner
of West Park)
SE 3054 NW 25/38
Ereated 1778 to mark the boundary of 2 Turnpike Trusts on the Leeds to Ripon
Turnpike Road. Rough-hewn grit stone monolith inscribed "Boundary of the Leeds
and Ripon Turnpike roads."
Listing NGR: SE3027454739
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings