This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.9933 / 53°59'35"N
Longitude: -1.5409 / 1°32'27"W
OS Eastings: 430195
OS Northings: 455345
OS Grid: SE301553
Mapcode National: GBR KQP8.68
Mapcode Global: WHC8F.9WGK
Entry Name: Church of St Peter
Listing Date: 4 February 1975
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1149467
English Heritage Legacy ID: 329835
Location: Harrogate, North Yorkshire, HG1
County: North Yorkshire
Electoral Ward/Division: Low Harrogate
Built-Up Area: Harrogate
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: High Harrogate St Peter
Church of England Diocese: Leeds
SE 3 55 SW,
Church of St Peter
Circa 1871-6 by J H Hirst in Gothic style. Tower added circa 1926, built by
Hymas to design of A A Gibson.
5-bay nave with aisles, transepts, 2-bay chancel and apsed sanctuary. Slated
roof with coped gables. Rusticated gritstone ashlar with pedimented buttresses
and parapets. 3-light aisle windows and 6-light west window with plate tracery.
Trefoil lancet lights to sanctuary. Open wooden arch-braced roof. Gabled porch
with double arched entrances. 3-stage tower at south west corner with 2-light
belfry window with reticulated tracery.
Listing NGR: SE3019555345
Other nearby listed buildings