This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.9901 / 53°59'24"N
Longitude: -1.5377 / 1°32'15"W
OS Eastings: 430405
OS Northings: 454990
OS Grid: SE304549
Mapcode National: GBR KQP9.WF
Mapcode Global: WHC8F.BZZ0
Entry Name: Roger's Almshouses
Listing Date: 4 February 1975
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1149503
English Heritage Legacy ID: 329828
Location: Harrogate, North Yorkshire, HG1
County: North Yorkshire
Electoral Ward/Division: Low Harrogate
Built-Up Area: Harrogate
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: High Harrogate St Peter
Church of England Diocese: Leeds
5338 BELFORD ROAD
[Nos 1 to 12 (consec)]
SE 3055 SW 14/58
SE 3054 NW 25/58
Circa 1868. Cothic style. 2 storeys, ranged round 3 sides of courtyard with
clock tower projecting from centre of inner side. Slated roofs with coped gables
and bracketed eaves course carrying gutter. Rusticated grit stone ashlar with
1st floor string. 2 light casement window to each house with gabled 1st floor
windows with trefoil heads. Ground floor windows with splayed reveals. Recessed
doorways with simple bracketed hoods, fanlights and boarded doors. 4 storey
clock tower with pyramidical roof and gabled clock faces; loops to each floor
except ground floor with 2 light window in arched recess with carved tympanum
and inscription 'George Rogers, 1868' over hood mould; bronze bust of Rogers
on bracket over ground floor window.
Nos 1 to 12 (consec) Roger's Almshouses form a group.
Listing NGR: SE3037054945
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings