This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.2643 / 54°15'51"N
Longitude: -0.8216 / 0°49'17"W
OS Eastings: 476854
OS Northings: 486048
OS Grid: SE768860
Mapcode National: GBR QMP4.Y3
Mapcode Global: WHF9W.C20Q
Entry Name: Methodist Chapel and Gates and Railings to Front
Listing Date: 27 August 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1149748
English Heritage Legacy ID: 382522
Location: Wrelton, Ryedale, North Yorkshire, YO18
County: North Yorkshire
Civil Parish: Wrelton
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Middleton St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: York
WRELTON THE VILLAGE
17/104 Methodist Chapel and
gates and railings to
Chapel. 1840 on datestone; extended, refenestrated and porch added later
C19. Dressed limestone with slate roof. Cast-iron gates and railings.
Single-storey, 3-bay front, with projecting porch in the centre; lean-to
extension at right. Panelled door beneath plain fanlight in gabled porch
with scalloped bargeboards; flanking round-headed, 6-pane sashes with
painted stone sills. Painted tooled archivolts with keyblocks and imposts
to these openings. Over porch, square insciption stone with recessed
circular panel containing the words:
Clock by Kneeshaw of Pickering over datestone. Grooved stone scrolls at
each corner of hipped roof. The extension has a board door beneath fanlight
to right of round-headed 6-pane sash, both with archivolts reproduced from
main front, without imposts. Gates and railings: cross-head railings and
gates; gate posts with mace heads; principal railings have pointed finials.
Listing NGR: SE7685486048
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings