This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.0593 / 54°3'33"N
Longitude: -1.4464 / 1°26'46"W
OS Eastings: 436336
OS Northings: 462730
OS Grid: SE363627
Mapcode National: GBR LPBH.NM
Mapcode Global: WHD9D.R7FF
Entry Name: The Red House
Listing Date: 19 December 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1150078
English Heritage Legacy ID: 330363
Location: Staveley, Harrogate, North Yorkshire, HG5
County: North Yorkshire
Civil Parish: Staveley
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Staveley
Church of England Diocese: Leeds
SE 36 SE STAVELEY MAIN STREET
3/96 (north side)
The Red House
House. Dated on plaque 1754. Pinkish-brown local brick. 1st floor band. Stone
plinth. Welsh slate roof with end chimneys. 2 storeys, 3 bays. Stone steps to
central entrance. Deeply set, C19 6-panel door with oblong fanlight, panelled
reveals and soffit. To each side C19 canted bays have sash windows with glazing
bars. To 1st floor 2 late C19 sashes in flush wood architraves under flat brick
arches. C20 window in blocked central panel above date stone.
Interior: Closed string stair with turned balusters. square newels and a ramped
handrail. Ceiling of stout chamfered beams with tongued stops. Round-arched corner
cupboard with wooden architrave and key.
Listing NGR: SE3633662730
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings