This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.1319 / 54°7'54"N
Longitude: -1.5276 / 1°31'39"W
OS Eastings: 430962
OS Northings: 470777
OS Grid: SE309707
Mapcode National: GBR KNSN.2L
Mapcode Global: WHC7V.HDSR
Entry Name: Richardson's Drinking Fountain
Listing Date: 16 January 1991
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1150118
English Heritage Legacy ID: 330256
Location: Ripon, Harrogate, North Yorkshire, HG4
County: North Yorkshire
Civil Parish: Ripon
Built-Up Area: Ripon
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Ripon Cathedral Parish with Littlethorpe
Church of England Diocese: Leeds
SE 37 70 RIPON HARROGATE ROAD
GV Drinking Fountain
Drinking fountain. 1758. Ashlar. Rusticated piers flank a central small round
headed niche with broken spout and semi-circular bowl supported on small bracket.
Above a shallow pediment inscribed "THIS WELL WAS GIVEN FOR THE USE OF THE PUBLIC BY
W RICHARDSON ESQ MD 1758" with flanking acroteria.
Listing NGR: SE3096270777
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings