This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.1343 / 54°8'3"N
Longitude: -1.5291 / 1°31'44"W
OS Eastings: 430867
OS Northings: 471036
OS Grid: SE308710
Mapcode National: GBR KNRM.RR
Mapcode Global: WHC7V.HB3Y
Entry Name: St Wilfred's Well and Flanking Gates
Listing Date: 16 January 1991
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1150122
English Heritage Legacy ID: 330262
Location: Ripon, Harrogate, North Yorkshire, HG4
County: North Yorkshire
Civil Parish: Ripon
Built-Up Area: Ripon
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire
SE 37 SW RIPON SKELL BANK
(north west side)
St Wilfred's Well,
and flanking gates
Well head with trough and flanking gates. 1762 built for W Richardson MD. Ashlar.
Low stone wall has central 4-centred arch, within an ashlar water spout and below a
projecting ashlar trough. Wall topped by ashlar coping. Either side a pair of
square gate piers with chamfered sides and round headed caps.
Listing NGR: SE3086771036
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings