History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Long Marston Manor

A Grade II Listed Building in Long Marston, North Yorkshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.952 / 53°57'7"N

Longitude: -1.2335 / 1°14'0"W

OS Eastings: 450402

OS Northings: 450926

OS Grid: SE504509

Mapcode National: GBR MQTR.R2

Mapcode Global: WHD9X.0XXQ

Entry Name: Long Marston Manor

Listing Date: 2 September 1952

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1150328

English Heritage Legacy ID: 331727

Location: Long Marston, Harrogate, North Yorkshire, YO26

County: North Yorkshire

District: Harrogate

Civil Parish: Long Marston

Built-Up Area: Long Marston (Harrogate)

Traditional County: Yorkshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire

Church of England Parish: Marston Moor

Church of England Diocese: York

Find accommodation in
Rufforth

Listing Text

SE 55 SW LONG MARSTON CHURCH ROAD
(east side)

5/26 Long Marston Manor

2.9.52

- II


Rectory, now private house. Late C18 - early C19, restored 1939. Red
brick, Flemish bond, purple slate roof. 2 storeys, 8 x 2 bays with single-
storey 2-bay block slightly recessed to right. Former entrance, now garden,
facade: glazed doors bays 3 and 6; 24-pane full-height sashes to ground
floor and sashes with glazing bars to first floor, all in flush wood
architraves with flat brick arches; a change in the colour of the brick
indicates rebuilding in bays 5 and 6, ground floor. Modillioned eaves
cornice, hipped roof with large, probably rebuilt, stacks to each end and to
rear of ridge, centre. Block to right: 2 windows as main range, blocking
course. Left return: left - 6-panel double door with overlight in
architrave with panelled rebates, under a porch with Tuscan columns,
entablature and deep dentilled cornice; first-floor window as main facade.
Lower 2-storey 3-bay service wing to left. Interior: original 6-panel pine
doors and small cast-iron fireplaces, but most fittings probably date from
the 1939 restoration; the date on rainwater goods outside. The entrance
porch was possibly moved from the main front (bays 5 and 6) at that time.


Listing NGR: SE5040250926

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.