History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Manor House

A Grade II Listed Building in Marton-le-Moor, North Yorkshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 54.1299 / 54°7'47"N

Longitude: -1.4355 / 1°26'7"W

OS Eastings: 436988

OS Northings: 470596

OS Grid: SE369705

Mapcode National: GBR LNFP.09

Mapcode Global: WHD90.XGM9

Entry Name: Manor House

Listing Date: 22 July 1955

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1150519

English Heritage Legacy ID: 331274

Location: Marton-le-Moor, Harrogate, North Yorkshire, HG4

County: North Yorkshire

District: Harrogate

Civil Parish: Marton-le-Moor

Traditional County: Yorkshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire

Church of England Parish: Sharow with Copt Hewick and Marton-le-Moor

Church of England Diocese: Leeds

Find accommodation in
Dishforth

Listing Text

SE 37 SE MARTON-LE-MOOR MAIN STREET
(west side, off)
1/35
Manor House

22.7.55
- II


House. Early - mid C19 with earlier house (probably early C18) now forming
service wing to rear. Brick, Flemish bond, Westmorland slate roof; rear
wing rendered, pantile roof. 2 storeys, 5 bays to main range, lower
2-storey, 2-bay rear wing. Main range: stone plinth; 3 steps up to central
6-panel double door under fanlight with interlaced glazing bars. Flanking
attached Doric columns support plain entablature and deep cornice. The
cornice carries a scrolled wrought-iron balcony which shields the lower part
of the central first-floor 18-pane sash window. Other windows are sashes
with glazing bars, stone sills, gauged brick flat arches. First-floor
ashlar band, modillioned eaves cornice; hipped roof and 2 large stacks to
rear of ridge. Left return: front range is of 2 bays with panelled door and
fanlight, bay window and sash as front; service wing to left has central
door in sawn stone surround flanked by 3-light side-sliding sashes on each
floor. Ridge stack left. Main range, right return: blind window on each
floor to bay 1 and sash as front to bay 2. Interior not inspected.
Possibly built by A W Maynard, a celebrated breeder of shorthorn cattle, who
lived here in the mid C19.


Listing NGR: SE3698870596

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.