This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.081 / 54°4'51"N
Longitude: -1.6863 / 1°41'10"W
OS Eastings: 420619
OS Northings: 465052
OS Grid: SE206650
Mapcode National: GBR JPN7.QT
Mapcode Global: WHC7Z.2P89
Entry Name: Brimham House
Listing Date: 3 March 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1150543
English Heritage Legacy ID: 331232
Location: Hartwith cum Winsley, Harrogate, North Yorkshire, HG3
County: North Yorkshire
Civil Parish: Hartwith cum Winsley
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire
HARTWITH-CUM-WINSLEY BRIMHAM MOOR ROAD
SE 26 NW (west side, off)
4/102 Brimham House
House, now National Trust museum and offices. 1792 for Lord Grantley.
Coursed squared gritstone, stone slate roof. 2 storeys, 5 bays with rear
outshut. Quoins; banded rustication to south-east front. Central 6-panel
door under a pitched slab hood carried on moulded brackets. Windows, ground
floor: 24-pane side-sliding sashes in stone surround with keyed arch. First
floor: keyed round-arched openings with 24-pane side-sliding sashes
surmounted by fanlight with glazing bars. Shaped kneelers, gable coping.
Stack to rear of roof, centre. Rear outshut has C20 additions to north-
west. Left return: 3-sided 2-storey bay, possibly containing stairs. Right
return: blocked doorway with quoined jambs between ground and first-floor
levels. Originally named The Rocks House, it was occupied by the caretaker
of Brimham Rocks.
Listing NGR: SE2061965052
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings