History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

South Kilburn Park and Attached Outbuiding

A Grade II Listed Building in Kilburn High and Low, North Yorkshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 54.1975 / 54°11'50"N

Longitude: -1.2334 / 1°14'0"W

OS Eastings: 450110

OS Northings: 478238

OS Grid: SE501782

Mapcode National: GBR MMTX.R2

Mapcode Global: WHD8R.0RYJ

Entry Name: South Kilburn Park and Attached Outbuiding

Listing Date: 20 December 1988

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1150683

English Heritage Legacy ID: 332867

Location: Kilburn High and Low, Hambleton, North Yorkshire, YO7

County: North Yorkshire

District: Hambleton

Civil Parish: Kilburn High and Low

Traditional County: Yorkshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire

Find accommodation in
Kilburn

Listing Text

KILBURN HIGH AND LOW -
SE 57 NW
5/9 South Kilburn Park and
attached outbuilding
GV II
Farmhouse and attached outbuilding. Late C18, a quoin dated 1798, with earlier
C18 rear ranges. Coursed squared herringbone-tooled limestone to front of main
range, otherwise coursed rubble with sandstone quoins. Roofs of grey and purple
slates and corrugated asbestos. 2 1/2-storey, 3-bay main range with 2-storey, 2-bay,
set-back side wings, earlier 2-storey central rear wing and in angle to rear left
earlier single-storey block. Main range: plinth; central 6-panel door with over-
light flanked by 4-pane sashes with three 4-pane sashes to first floor and three
short 8-pane sashes to second floor, all openings having vertically-tooled lintels
and the windows projecting sills; eaves band; shaped kneelers, coping; grey slate
roof with end stacks, that to right with cornice, that to left rebuilt in brick.
Left wing (dairy with rooms above): break in masonry between bays, the left bay
with a 4-pane side-sliding sash to ground floor, the right bay with a small square
window with iron stanchion to each floor; purple slate roof. Right wing
(outbuilding): no openings; raised verge with inturned kneeler and coping;
corrugated asbestos roof. Rear: on left, the outbuilding has a quoin inscribed
' A
C E
1798', a door on right and a door at higher level on left. The central gabled
wing has: steps up to first floor, bulbous kneelers with moulded coping, rebuilt
gable stack, and in left return a narrow. first-floor window with fixed leaded
lights. On right, single-storey range has c1980 porch, window, slate roof and out-
shut on right. Interior: main range has original panelled doors; in ground-floor
left room cupboards flanking fireplace; closed-string dog-leg stair with elliptical
handrail on stick balusters and turned newel; original fireplace with basket grate
and stone surround in top right-hand room.


Listing NGR: SE5011078238

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.