This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 54.3397 / 54°20'22"N
Longitude: -1.4338 / 1°26'1"W
OS Eastings: 436909
OS Northings: 493940
OS Grid: SE369939
Mapcode National: GBR LLF8.C3
Mapcode Global: WHD81.Y5DY
Entry Name: 102 and 103, High Street
Listing Date: 23 April 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1150705
English Heritage Legacy ID: 332817
Location: Northallerton, Hambleton, North Yorkshire, DL7
County: North Yorkshire
Civil Parish: Northallerton
Built-Up Area: Northallerton
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Northallerton All Saints
Church of England Diocese: York
NORTHALLERTON HIGH STREET
7/23 Nos 102 and 103
House, now 2 shops. Early-mid C18 with later alterations. Grey-orange brick in
Flemish bond, C20 pantile roof. 3 storeys, 7 bays with 2 short rear gabled wings.
Ashlar raised quoins. In 5th bay, C20 glazed door in ashlar surround with plinth,
fragments of sill band with diaper surface to wall below, and tripartite keystone.
C20 classical shop front to left, C20 shop window to right. First floor: sash
windows with flush exposed sash boxes, and with thick glazing bars in first 4 bays;
projecting ashlar sills, flat arches with raised and taller tripartite keystones.
Second floor: half-size 6-pane sash windows with thick glazing bars, projecting
ashlar sills and tripartite keystones. Delicate Greek key band to eaves cornice.
Broken shaped kneelers, ashlar coping. Brick stacks at ends and between 4th and
5th bays. No 102 has a large single-storey rear extension. An attached rear range
to the left was demolished and rebuilt in 1986, separating the front range from
a rear cottages/workshop range (qv). An attached range and cottage to the rear
right were demolished in 1987, and the central passage giving access to these rear
premises was absorbed into the shop in No 103.
Listing NGR: SE3691393946
Other nearby listed buildings