History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Marigold Hall

A Grade II Listed Building in Landmoth-cum-Catto, North Yorkshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 54.3318 / 54°19'54"N

Longitude: -1.3403 / 1°20'25"W

OS Eastings: 442995

OS Northings: 493117

OS Grid: SE429931

Mapcode National: GBR ML2B.MX

Mapcode Global: WHD83.CDZ0

Entry Name: Marigold Hall

Listing Date: 31 March 1970

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1150849

English Heritage Legacy ID: 332448

Location: Landmoth-cum-Catto, Hambleton, North Yorkshire, DL6

County: North Yorkshire

District: Hambleton

Civil Parish: Landmoth-cum-Catto

Traditional County: Yorkshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire

Find accommodation in
Borrowby

Listing Text

NORTH YORKSHIRE
HAMBLETON
5337
LANDMOTH CUM CATTO A 19
SE 49 SW
(west side, off)
4/16 Marigold Hall
31.3.70
- II
House. Dated 1679 for William Morwood, and early C19. Ashlar, coursed
squared stone, pantile roof. 5 bays, 2 storeys. 3 left-hand bays of 1679,
those to right C19. Plinth. 3 left-hand bays break forward. To right
bay of 1679 house is a half-glazed door set in pedimented surround with
rusticated pilasters, in frieze are the letters " M " flanked by circles
W A
bearing date. Above this in moulded oval is a marigold flower.
Superimposed on rusticated pilasters are taller Roman Doric pilasters on
plinths which rise above frieze to a thinner moulded frieze; above, a broken
and open segmental pediment. To far left is the right half of a similar doorcase.
Between them are 2 tall 2-light chamfered mullion-and-transom windows with
moulded architraves, pulvinated friezes and cornices. Above the right-hand
one is a 2-light chamfered mullioned window. All these windows have single-
pane fixed glazing. 2 right-hand bays have C20 casements with stone sills
below flat stone arches. To right is a stone C20 porch. 1679 section has a
moulded stone cornice, to right-hand corner is a square sundial with moulded
cornice. Stone copings. End stack with moulded cornice to left. Ridge
stack to right.


Listing NGR: SE4299593117

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.