This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.3448 / 54°20'41"N
Longitude: -1.4718 / 1°28'18"W
OS Eastings: 434434
OS Northings: 494489
OS Grid: SE344944
Mapcode National: GBR LL56.48
Mapcode Global: WHD81.C2C1
Entry Name: Church of All Saints
Listing Date: 31 March 1970
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1150995
English Heritage Legacy ID: 332087
Location: Yafforth, Hambleton, North Yorkshire, DL7
County: North Yorkshire
Civil Parish: Yafforth
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire
YAFFORTH YAFFORTH ROAD
SE 39 SW
(north side, off)
6/42 Church of All Saints
Church. Virtually rebuilt in 1870 by J P Pritchett with a Norman window on
the west side of the tower. Ashlar and coursed rubble stone graduated slate
roofs. West tower, nave with south porch, chancel. Early English style.
Tower: 3 storeys with angle buttresses, a blank circular reveal, pointed-arch
belfry windows of 2 cusped lights and a quatrefoil under hoodmoulds. String,
parapet. Nave: 3 bays defined by buttresses. Porch in first bay has pointed-
arch doorway with responds, hoodmould and wrought-iron gates. South door
incorporates earlier Norman work. To right of porch: chamfered band. 2
pointed-arch windows of 2-cusped lights and a quatrefoil under hoodmoulds.
Chancel: 2 bays. Buttresses and band as nave. Shouldered-arch single-light
window and priests door. Flat-arched window of 3 cusped lights with hoodmould.
Pointed-arch plate-traceried east window. Shaped kneelers, stone coping; gable
cross to chancel. Interior: octagonal font dated 1663 with initials and
Listing NGR: SE3443494489
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings