History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Large Workshop Approximately 50 Metres to South East of Office Building at Ncb Workshops

A Grade II Listed Building in Hoyland Milton, Barnsley

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.4942 / 53°29'39"N

Longitude: -1.4196 / 1°25'10"W

OS Eastings: 438600

OS Northings: 399876

OS Grid: SK386998

Mapcode National: GBR LXJ1.G4

Mapcode Global: WHDD4.5F7M

Entry Name: Large Workshop Approximately 50 Metres to South East of Office Building at Ncb Workshops

Listing Date: 4 December 1986

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1151097

English Heritage Legacy ID: 333897

Location: Barnsley, S74

County: Barnsley

Electoral Ward/Division: Hoyland Milton

Built-Up Area: Hoyland

Traditional County: Yorkshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): South Yorkshire

Church of England Parish: Elsecar Holy Trinity

Church of England Diocese: Sheffield

Find accommodation in
Elsecar

Listing Text

HOYLAND NETHER WATH ROAD
SK39NE
(east side, off),
Elsecar
5/23 Large workshop
approximately 50 metres
to south-east of
office building at
NCB workshops
GV II
Workshop. 1897 for the Fitzwilliam estate. Coursed sandstone end walls,
cast-iron framed side walls infilled with brickwork, Welsh slate roof.
Single-storey, 12 bays. East side: bays divided by cylindrical pillars supporting
shallow basket arches with vertical struts in the spandrels. Bays 1 and 2
infilled with stone, otherwise brick; bays 7-9 have old iron casements with
glazing bars beneath segmental arches; bay 10 has large C20 doorway. Ashlar-coped
end gables. Rooflights linked by balustraded walkway. West side has similar
iron framing. Right gable has large entrance flanked by wallstone buttresses.
Used as a Waggonshop until 1950.


Listing NGR: SK3860099876

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.