This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.5262 / 53°31'34"N
Longitude: -1.7323 / 1°43'56"W
OS Eastings: 417845
OS Northings: 403317
OS Grid: SE178033
Mapcode National: GBR JWBN.RP
Mapcode Global: WHCBN.CMBL
Entry Name: Church of St Anne
Listing Date: 21 July 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1151135
English Heritage Legacy ID: 333784
Location: Dunford, Barnsley, S36
Civil Parish: Dunford
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): South Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Penistone St John the Baptist
Church of England Diocese: Sheffield
S310SE DUNFORD BROOK HILL LANE
(south side, off)
5/4 Church of St. Anne
Church. Dated 1856. By George Shaw of saddleworth for John Chapman. Pitch-faced
stone. Interlocking concrete tile roof. 4-bay nave, 2-bay chancel, south porch,
north vestry. Diagonal buttresses mark the bay divisions. Above the inner door is
an inscribed stone ribbon recording that the church was erected by John Chapman
of Carlecotes and Mottram, the foundation stone was laid by his eldest son Edward
on 19th September 1856 and it was opened on 28th June 1857. Two-light nave windows
with Decorated tracery. Small 2-light chancel windows with cusped lights.
Three-light east window with Curvilinear tracery. Small 2-light west window.
Interior: arch-braced roof trusses. Contemporary fittings include stone font with
very elaborate oak cover. Elaborate oak pulpit, reading desk and canopied choir
Listing NGR: SE1784503317
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings